An industry body is seeking an experienced and dynamic Campaigns Communications Manager to join its collaborative team. The successful candidate will be both a strategic thinker and a hands-on operator ideally with media relations/PR experience gained in a campaigning environment. This organisation operates at the heart of the labour market, so the content is very newsworthy and you’ll be working on lots of very relevant projects and campaigns.
Purpose of the role:
Help to develop and manage the delivery of the organisation’s campaign comms strategies and corporate PR via the media, including social media
Manage the busy press office
Manage and deliver PR plans for a range of campaigns and projects
Manage the production of the organisation’s in-house magazine
Create a range of digital content from videos and infographics to other literature
· Develop and execute PR plans to secure media coverage for the organisation
· Supporting the Director of Campaigns in translating policies, research and views on employment issues into messages for media consumption
· Promotion of the organisation’s monthly data reports
· Work with the rest of the campaigns team and research colleagues to ensure research and data presented in a clear and engaging way to the media and other stakeholders
· Managing an in-house press office function that ensures remains reactive to relevant news stories and is ambitious and effective in achieving proactive coverage
· Drafting press releases, articles, blogs and other PR content
· Creating and leading briefings for spokespeople ahead of media interviews and helping them prepare
· Building and maintaining relationships with key journalists
· Managing media monitoring supplier and analysing and evaluation of coverage
· Responsible for the company’s twitter account
· Some out-of-office press office cover
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.