An ambitious energy tech scale-up playing a critical role in the clean energy transition is looking for a talented Business Writer to join their team. This is an amazing opportunity to join a fast moving, high growth environment where you can really make an impact and develop your own career.
Your goal will be to create compelling content that elevates the brand’s verbal identity. You’ll use market analysis, research skills and journalistic flair to produce high-quality content that engages audiences. You have exceptional writing skills and are detail-oriented. You're curious, analytical and on top of industry trends and you bring new ideas to the team.
- Monitor and assess the energy markets to produce articles, market commentaries, analysis, and research
- Track key debates in the industry to identify story opportunities as well as potential issues
- Work with internal business stakeholders to identify and develop stories to communicate externally, including thought leadership content, video series and blog posts
- Own tone of voice and house style, ensuring that it translates across all communications
- Create and manage the content calendar, aligning the content direction with business objectives
- Write, edit and proof copy across all channels
- Exceptional communications skills, able to articulate yourself clearly both in writing and in person
- Knowledgeable on industry topics such as energy trading, renewables, ESG, and retail trading
- Proven ability to develop, source and write industry-relevant content to deadline
- Ability to communicate complex, cutting-edge concepts simply
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and grammatical proficiency
- Broad knowledge of social media and digital communications
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving, high growth environment
- Excellent judgement, with a balance of confidence, maturity and high energy
- A strong degree
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.