Willem de Ruijter
about 1 month ago
Our client ‘Brunswick’ is looking for an experienced consultant to join their Brussels office and drive and expand their Belgian communications services.
Brunswick is a strategic advisory firm focused on critical issues. Their purpose is to help the great value-creating organizations of the world play a more successful role in society. Brunswick advises on critical issues at the centre of business, politics, and society, and helps their clients – the leaders of large, complex organizations – understand and navigate these interconnected worlds.
Brunswick is one firm globally, operating as a single profit centre. This allows them to respond seamlessly and effectively to clients’ needs wherever they are in the world.
Founded in London in 1987, Brunswick’s global partnership has grown organically to 27 offices in 18 countries. They began as a M&A and financial communications firm and, over time, expanded their capabilities and expertise to crisis communications and communications on other business critical issues.
The Brussels office
Widely recognised as a market leader, the Brussels office provides strategic guidance to leading corporations on European and national public and regulatory affairs, corporate communication and reputation management.
A key part of their role is to help clients build trusted relationships with their different stakeholders in the interconnected business, policy, and social worlds.
Over the past years, Brunswick has helped many leading businesses to navigate critical situations on the Belgian market such as crisis, M&A, activist campaigns, restructuring and litigation, including engaging effectively with institutional investors, regulators, the media, employees, shareholder activists, NGOs and other key audiences. Their multinational team operates across the spectrum of EU activities with in-depth knowledge of policymaking in the EU and at Member States level and with industry expertise in banking and financial services, telecoms, new technologies, media, consumer industries, food, healthcare, energy and transportation.
Brunswick Group is seeking a senior player to join the team in the Brussels office to specifically drive their offer to the Belgian corporate community. The opportunity to also participate in Brunswick’s exciting portfolio of international assignments is also a given.
As a leader you will drive operational delivery and deliver strategic advice to clients. You will build and maintain strong external networks, delivering valuable insights to clients enabling them to anticipate and plan for potential issues and events and recognise new business opportunities for the wider expertise of the firm.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Client Contribution & Handling
- Deliver strategic advice to clients, drawing on specialist communications expertise and depth of professional advisory experience.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the clients’ business and strategic communications Issues.
- Influentially engage with key stakeholders in Belgium and internationally.
- Design and carry out tailored communications campaigns contributing to clients’ strategic goals.
- Write thoughtful, well-structured content; consider audience in style and tone of communications.
- Express a point of view in a thoughtful manner; able to analyse and distil complex information.
- Exhibit good and exercise discretion.
- Question and challenge in a constructive way; present unpopular ideas confidently.
- Source new business opportunities, apply knowledge and experience to lead well-run pitch teams and drive the pitch preparation.
- Use deep knowledge of key sectors to promote new business approaches and ideas.
- Assist in pitches for colleagues across regions and sectors.
- Identify new opportunities to deliver other Brunswick expertise to existing clients; actively pursue and secure extensions of client relationships.
- Build and maintain strong external networks in order to deliver valuable insight to clients and the Firm.
- Actively and effectively manage account teams; drive day-to-day account.
- Keep the partner and other team members informed of account and project status.
- Foster development of team members’ skills and client handling ability by identifying new challenges and encouraging team to stretch where appropriate.
- A minimum of 10-15 years’ experience, working within a communications agency or corporate environment, experience and/or deep interest in counselling clients on business-critical issues (e.g., crisis, M&A, financial situations, geopolitical, etc.).
- In addition to English, working proficiency in French and Dutch. Ability to conduct media outreach in both languages.
- Experience managing teams of five or more people.
- Deep understanding of the Belgian communications landscape, how it works and the particularities of the Belgian environment in which their clients operate, as well as a good working understanding of business and finance.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong verbal communicator and an engaging presentation style.
- Energetic team player with strong self-motivation.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask in high-pressure situations.
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit.
Our client is committed to embedding a culture and working environment that actively promotes diversity and inclusion and safeguards against discrimination and unfavourable treatment of their people in all aspects of employment including recruitment, promotion, and training opportunities. Brunswick recognises the differences that a diverse workforce can bring and believe that they’re stronger and can serve their clients better when they draw upon the combined strength of all of their employees, and they are committed to encouraging a working climate that respects and promotes equality. Brunswick has a responsibility to ensure that there is no unlawful discrimination and that equal opportunities are available for all of their people.