5 months ago
Associate Director – Global Media Relations & Social Media
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, issues-rich, global communications function? Are you adept at managing and leading comms in a crisis? Are you a natural leader with the ability to inspire and get the best from a large team?
My client, a global professional services firm is seeking an experienced, organised and high-energy PR professional with excellent planning skills to join its award-winning Global Media Relations and Social Media team.
This newly created role will be a direct support to the Director, Global Media Relations & Social media on a wide range of programs and initiatives. Providing strategic and practical support on crisis and issues management this role also supports the running of the overall team.
- Work alongside the Director on all issues and crises management
- Lead on and support team with messaging, direction, lines to take/media response
- Manage and advise stakeholders across the business on all media relations activities
- Provide PR support to strategic and high-profile campaigns and initiatives
- PR and/or social support to global leaders, include writing, commissioning, editing blogs, social media and identifying media opportunities
- Provide organisational support on overall running of the team, including: budgets and team meetings/appraisals
- Demonstrable experience leading, managing and supporting major international, high-profile crises and issues
- A strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Strong writing and critical thinking
- Significant PR experience gained in-house or via a PR agency
- Accuracy and attention to detail; reliable and highly organised
- Experience working in a global environment with a high degree of cultural awareness
- Passion for current affairs and knowledge of international business news