Associate Director – Global Media Relations & Social Media
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, issues-rich, global communications function? Are you adept at managing and leading comms in a crisis? Are you a natural leader with the ability to inspire and get the best from a large team?
My client, a global professional services firm is seeking an experienced, organised and high-energy PR professional with excellent planning skills to join its award-winning Global Media Relations and Social Media team.
This newly created role will be a direct support to the Director, Global Media Relations & Social media on a wide range of programs and initiatives. Providing strategic and practical support on crisis and issues management this role also supports the running of the overall team.
- Work alongside the Director on all issues and crises management
- Lead on and support team with messaging, direction, lines to take/media response
- Manage and advise stakeholders across the business on all media relations activities
- Provide PR support to strategic and high-profile campaigns and initiatives
- PR and/or social support to global leaders, include writing, commissioning, editing blogs, social media and identifying media opportunities
- Provide organisational support on overall running of the team, including: budgets and team meetings/appraisals
- Demonstrable experience leading, managing and supporting major international, high-profile crises and issues
- A strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Strong writing and critical thinking
- Significant PR experience gained in-house or via a PR agency
- Accuracy and attention to detail; reliable and highly organised
- Experience working in a global environment with a high degree of cultural awareness
- Passion for current affairs and knowledge of international business news
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.