60000 - 70000
Willem de Ruijter
11 months ago
This is an opportunity to join an exciting young consultancy in the Brussels and London public affairs markets where you will find an existing range of formidable clients, and an ambitious and unique passion for tech and digital-related policy issues that affect companies around the world. If you have a track record of managing stakeholders in business and politics, providing the highest quality client service, and providing insightful advice on political and regulatory issues, then please read on.
In this role, based in their Brussels office, you will be responsible for working with clients with a primary focus on EU institutional affairs while participating in the wider growth of the company across Europe. Remuneration packages will be competitive and comprise a mix of basic salary and a performance related bonus.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing public affairs programmes for clients.
- Delivering high-quality client services that exceed client expectations.
- Designing new and innovative services for clients.
- Supporting the growth and development of our team’s Policy Analysts.
- Contributing to business development ideas and initiatives.
About The Company:
Our client is a pioneering political consultancy specializing in helping tech businesses deal with regulators and policymakers. They work with leading tech brands, innovative start-ups and successful scale-ups in Brussels and London to help them influence regulatory decisions that affect their business, their reputation and their customers.
The agency is passionate about the policy issues that arise from how technology is changing our economies and societies and the belief that technological innovation can be a force for good. They cover some of the most exciting policy areas and business sectors, including:
- Online platforms and e-commerce
- The data economy
- Emerging technologies, such as drones and autonomous vehicles
- Artificial intelligence and robotics
- The sharing and on-demand economy
- The future of the EU and the impact of Brexit
This role will be suited to an ambitious EU public affairs or policy professional with demonstrable knowledge and interest in digital/technology policy briefs.
We are looking for a team player that is excited by the challenge of working in a fast-growing company; who wants to benefit from the long-term growth of the company; and who is confident in their ability to manage client accounts and bring the best out of the wider team.
Candidates should possess the following:
- 7+ years professional experience; preferably in policy roles, either in-house, or within a public affairs consultancy
- Demonstrable knowledge and interest in EU digital/technology related policy briefs and the EU decision making process
- An ability to anticipate client needs and proactively service them with innovative solutions
- Good connections within the EU political and regulatory community
- An eye for business development opportunities and the ability to develop relationships with clients and prospective clients
- A commitment to consistently producing work of the highest quality
- Integrity, honesty and a willingness to work hard
All candidates should be willing to work in a rapidly evolving start-up environment and to be able to operate under a strict budget, but with considerable autonomy.
Fluency in English necessary and fluency in at least one other European language preferred.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in Belgium.