£33,000 - £40,000
4 months ago
April/ May 2021
A boutique public relations agency specialising in responsible investment and sustainability is seeking an Account Manager on a permanent basis.
Due to business growth and high demand for ESG and responsible investment communications, this specialist agency is looking for a confident and experienced consultant to work with some of their global clients, writing compelling content and liaising with the media.
This is a full-time position within a small, dedicated team based in vibrant East London, with lots of flexibility around working from home. The successful candidate could come from an in-house or agency background, though a mixture of the two would be fantastic! They’ll be confident in drafting content and dealing with journalists on a regular basis. This is an exciting time to join this growing agency, so do apply if you’d like to be considered.
The agency supports equal opportunities and all roles within the business are open to applications from all sections of society. They believe in the potential of everyone regardless of race, religion, ethnic origin, different physical ability, sexual orientation or gender identity. They also believe diversity brings extra value to the team.
- You will be the main point of contact for several clients in the current portfolio, managing client accounts. This includes leading media activity around the launch of a report or new piece of research, and providing general communications support from strategic advice to social media posts.
- You will project manage the production of client reports – from Impact Reports by investors to white papers and other documents.
- Great content is at the heart of what we do and you will be producing excellent content. This may be editing a detailed report, composing tweets or articles from scratch or editing the articles of others. You may sometimes need to produce great content to tight deadlines.
- You will be a vital member of the team. Around 50% of your time will be spent offering support to other account directors from helping with media activity to research and client liaison.
- It’s important that you have some experience and knowledge of responsible investment, ESG and sustainability.
- You are an experienced and confident writer, able to strip out the jargon and write engaging content.
- You will need a nose for news. You must have the ability to take a client’s report, research or new product and fashion it into a newsworthy press release. You should have experience of managing a media campaign and knowledge of key outlets covering the worlds of investment and the environment is preferable.
- You are a confident project manager. Able to competently manage the production of a designed document or a media campaign.
- You will be a flexible member of a small team, helping out with other workloads and new business pitches as required.
- You are professional and polite with clients and have the experience and confidence to constructively challenge them when necessary. You have the ideas and commercial sense to help clients find new ways to communicate their messages and create successful campaigns.