Circa £50,000 + Package
8 months ago
An international strategic communications consultancy is looking for an Account Director to join its Public Policy directorate.
This role will have a significant media focus, but experience in public affairs would be useful and previous consultancy is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will have several years of experience working with the media in a senior communications capacity. You will create and sell stories, and be comfortable with tactical delivery for clients. You will have a range of excellent contacts, and experience of strategic thinking.
As Account Director, you will be responsible for handling client relationships and overseeing project work, as well as mentoring junior colleagues where appropriate. You will enjoy and be expected to help search for new business.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate;
- A comprehensive understanding of how the media works, including how to create and sell-in stories, plus a strong track record on tactical delivery
- The ability to manage client accounts and contribute to successful new business pitches;
- Experience of stakeholder engagement, such as press/journalists, stakeholders across Westminster and Whitehall
- Experience of drafting press releases or content for media outlets at local, national or trade publication level;
- An ability to apply understanding of media and political environment to how this could impact the operations and reputation of organisations and companies
- Skill in political analysis and research.