Evolution, Revolution or Adaptation
The key conclusions from the report are:
- Despite the best of intentions, day-to-day activities in constantly changing structures make it difficult to develop the proactiveness required for effective leadership.
- Safeguarding brand authenticity and leadership transparency are still challenges, and as such, the evolution from trusted advisor to transformation leader, and from reputation manager to change driver is still work in progress.
- The level of involvement in defining business strategy can still be improved.
- The changing dynamic in today's workplace, including more agile and remote working, calls for much greater internal engagement and a strong employer brand. There is a clear need to close the gap between an organisation's stated values and the reality of day-to-day.
- There is a clear call for the development of new team skills to handle the changing requirements of the function and/or the hiring of additional staff to bring these new skills into the organisation.
To find out more:
Email Willem de Ruijter on WdeRuijter@vmagroup.com
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment, and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, public affairs, marketing, digital, and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam, and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.