almost 2 years ago
A fantastic opportunity for a communicator with extensive experience creating high quality content to join an established corporate communications function as they look to revolutionise their communications approach.
The UK Employee Communications Manager (Content and Channels Officer) is an integral role within the corporate communications function, having responsibility for creating and delivering content across the full internal channel mix. The ability to simplify complex messaging into easy to understand copy for a diverse audience is essential, as is a strong understanding of internal platforms such as intranets, Yammer and blogs.
As well as traditional content creation, the hiring manager is particularly interested in speaking with candidates who have experience using digital communication techniques. A creative flare and strong attention to detail are both required to excel in this position.
- Transform the way the organisation communicates with employees including reducing volume, increasing quality of communication aligning with overall group strategy
- Creation of creative and engaging intranet content
- Work with the UK Employee Communications Content & Channels Manager to manage the overall design and communications functionality requirements for the Intranet
- Advise the UK Employee Communication team on the messaging for key issues and projects
- Write internal communications content for the UK business including blogs, vlogs, Yammer posts, intranet copy, announcements, communications messages and speeches
- Provide guidance on the right balance between Intranet, push communications and social media to meet internal communications needs, managing projects when required
- Responsible for coordinating monthly Team Talk slides, ensuring well written and useful content for the UK business
- Responsible for coordinating, editing and writing articles for internal platforms
Experience and skillset required
- An experienced internal communications practitioner, with experience of working in complex organisations
- Strong writer and editor, with an ability to translate complex business materials into compelling content for a range of internal communications channels
- Knowledge of detailed engagement, communications and campaign delivery, across multiple channels and audiences, focused not only on planning, but execution and measurement
- Knowledge of internal communications channels, digital media, and employee communications best practice
- Proven track record of successful event management including delivery of senior leader and executive events
- Proven experience of coordinating business wide engagement across a range of stakeholders, measuring, reviewing and reporting against outcomes
- Track record of successfully communicating messages in a clear and concise manner to multiple audiences
- High quality, clear and concise written communications