£45,000 - £50,000
over 1 year ago
A global professional services firm is looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to join them on an initial 12 month contract.
The overall purpose of this role is to deliver social media communications for the UKIMEA region underpinned by a new annual plan reflecting the organisation’s global strategy, regional plan and marketing and communications objectives. The social media plan and its day-to-day delivery will focus on improving engagement rates with key target audiences, including current and potential clients, prospective recruits and key industry influencers.
This exciting, newly created position will have the responsibilty to audit the current social media offering, advise on social media best practice and implement proposed changes in order to make significant improvements. The hiring manager is looking for an expert in their field who has experience improving the capability of global businesses’ social media.
The successful candidate will also require a level of gravitas to upskill colleagues in the communications function on social media best practice.
The Social Media Specialist will:
- audit current social media activity and processes. This will include:
- evaluating the effectiveness of performance by using industry best practice techniques
- benchmarking performance against named competitors
- identifying areas of strength and proposing improvements where needed
- providing a recommendation on existing and future social media channels for the region
- develop an annual social media plan for FY2021-21 that reflects the region’s priority clients, work winning priorities, marketing and communications objectives, and messaging framework
- manage the day-to-day delivery of regional social activity in line with the social media plan, working closely with marketers, colleagues from the PR and internal communications teams, and visual communications experts to develop impactful content and messages
- work closely with the PR team to and to identify and manage any reputational issues
- report at regular agreed intervals on the performance of our regional social channel and the impact of any recently implemented changes
- contribute to the continual upskilling of colleagues across the Clients, Markets and Communications (CMC) network on use of social media
The social media manager post requires:
- experience of forward planning and daily delivery of an organisation’s social media communications, with strong skills in effective prioritisation
- experience of advancing the impact of an organisation’s social media communications over time
- experience of reporting on social media communications’ impacts (using both quantitative and qualitative methods) and a good understanding of established and emerging analytical tools
- experience of issues management in a social media context
- evidence of managing adoption of new social functionality and/or platforms to support improvements in an organisation’s overall use of social media
- strong English grammar and usage skills combined with an agile and accurate approach to social copywriting and editing
- confidence in sharing knowledge via training sessions, one-to-one sessions and general guidance
- experience working in the professional services industry in a similar social media role is desirable