£45,000 - £55,000
7 months ago
Snr. Marketing Specialist, Execution and Support (Eloqua experience required)
You will be responsible for supporting the development and the execution of:
- Complex outbound customer segment marketing activity
- Integrated inbound digital marketing activity
- First level escalation for technical support with the Activation Marketing teams
The Marketing Specialist will work with internal groups including Integrated Marketing Strategy, Marketing Technology and Data teams, to enable execution of end to end complex outbound strategic marketing campaigns. This role also requires the ability to provide Eloqua support to the Activation teams when they are presented with difficulties they cannot solve. The Marketing Specialist will work with the wider Digital team to develop ‘Always on’ inbound marketing projects.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated expertise using Eloqua
- Knowledge of Salesforce and reporting and analytics tools an advantage
- Proven marketing experience in campaign execution and delivery
- Can drive projects with minimal supervision and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to build relationships with and influence all levels within an organization
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Able to interpret and present complex information effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude and an ability to bring innovation and freshness to our marketing execution
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Essential proven experience in supporting the development and delivery of marketing activities
- 2 years hands-on experience in Eloqua
- Strong business acumen: understands the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth and revenue goals of an organization
- Analytically competent, results focused and a highly collaborative team player
- Experience working in the Financial industry is ideal
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proactive, disciplined, individual who can drive results
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000 (depending on experience)
• Agile Working - working arrangements to suit your personal needs and those of the business
• Holidays – 25 days
- Allowance of £1,000 per annum to support your wellbeing.
- Emergency backup care: receive up to 15 days of emergency care per calendar year for your children and adult dependants should your regular plans fall through.
- Employee assistance programme: access to confidential help and support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Private medical insurance: company-funded medical care to ensure that you are looked after. Option to purchase cover for your partner and/or family.
- Eyecare vouchers: claim an electronic eyecare voucher every two years*.
- Near-site GP surgery: access to a company-funded BUPA GP, close to London offices.
- Cycle to work scheme: limit of £1,000.
- Dental insurance: option to purchase for self & family.
- Gym membership & discounts: a range of offers for self & partner.
- Health screening: option to purchase for self & partner.
Pension: Choice of contribution levels based on your basic salary:
- Employee pays 3%, employer pays 6%
- Employee pays 4%, employer pays 7%
Life assurance : 4 x salary*. You also have the flexibility to purchase additional voluntary life assurance cover for yourself and your partner.
Income protection: provides 66.6% of your salary for five years if you are unable to work due to long-term sickness or injury lasting more than 26 weeks.
Financial planning surgeries: free one-to-one appointment with a financial planner.
Mortgage advice: access free, independent mortgage advice.
Critical illness insurance: option to purchase for self & partner.
Personal accident insurance: option to purchase for self & partner.
Personal travel insurance: option to purchase for self & family.
Season ticket loan
- Charitable giving
- MyOffers: access to a range of retail discounts.