Are you an established Media/Press Officer looking to take the next step?
Want to work in a high-profile, issues-rich Press Office dealing with National media daily?
Working for a high-profile regulator - this role has responsibility for running the day to day press office which took 1500 enquiries from the media last year. You will also be tasked securing pro-active media coverage to ensure the position and policies of the organisation are accurately represented in the media
- Manage day-to-day running of the press office, proactively engaging with a variety of journalists and influencers
- Lead on proactive press stories, from drafting media plans and press releases to selling-in stories and setting up broadcast interviews
- Confidently deal with press enquiries in order to convey organisations position and defend and promote reputation
- Support and coach the Media and Public Affairs Assistant
- Lead responsibility for managing social media
- Draft articles, op-eds and other content for the CEO and Senior Management Team
- Brief and coach spokespeople prior for media interviews
- Work with team members on crisis communications and planning
- Undertake occasional out-of-hours duties, as part of a media team rota, to help provide aseven-day-a-week service
- Proven experience of working in media relations within a press office environment, meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of explaining complex issues succinctly in writing and orally
- Experience of drafting press releases, op-eds, articles and other media materials
- Experience of supporting senior management team members in delivery of speeches, presentations and media interviews
- Experience of planning and managing social media
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.