Our client is looking for an outstanding, experienced communicator to take on the role of Senior Manager, Corporate Communications.
ABOUT THE TEAM
In the role of Senior Manager, Corporate Communications you will be responsible for driving the corporate communications strategy through a range of external channels and managing all corporate leadership activity.Additionally, you will be responsible for elevating our client’s reputation in the UK by building and leveraging relationships with key external audiences and empowering senior leaders to engage them on priority topics.
Key to success in this role will be your ability to build and maintain close networks with cross-sector and regional/global Communications & Public Affairs colleagues to ensure alignment and to maximise opportunities for external engagement.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Become recognised as the Communications lead for all matters related to corporate external communications:
o Provide updates on significant external developments
o Provide insight and strategic counsel to business partners
o Build, strengthen and leverage relationships with media and other external stakeholders to grow the profile and reputation of our client
· Engage and empower our client’s leadership team and other senior leaders to ensure external communication strategy continues to meet business needs and that senior leaders are actively engaged with external stakeholders.
· Develop and implement a corporate communication strategy that grows our client’s reputation in the UK, leveraging corporate initiatives, assets and stakeholder partnerships where appropriate.
· Take an active role in appropriate industry trade association groups to ensure our client’s voice is heard and has a role in shaping industry interventions.
· Designated media contact and spokesperson: responsible for building and maintaining a network of media contacts on behalf of our client.Responsible for identifying opportunities for proactive communication, as well as reactive communication and issues management.
· Line management of the Social & Digital Communications Manager, who is responsible for our client’s corporate website and corporate social media channels, ensuring the highest standards and levels of quality and compliance.
· Support senior leadership with external communications on corporate matters as appropriate through the provision of strategic counsel and briefings as appropriate.
· Benchmark activity with appropriate metrics and evaluate success as appropriate (quantitative and qualitative evaluation).
· Complete annual trainings.
· Report adverse events and complaints.
· If commissioning contractors or third-party organisations, put contracts in place and provide training so that these individuals also act in accordance with our client’s requirements.
· Comply with designated SOPs for the role.
· Strong experience in External Communications
· Experience and knowledge of the UK healthcare system (Advantageous)
· Expertise in core healthcare communication and public affairs disciplines (Advantageous)
· High level of understanding of the ABPI Code of Practice (Advantageous)
· Strong technical competencies relevant to Corporate Communication & Public Affairs.
· Established relationships with and good understanding of the UK media, consumer and trade/ medical.
· Ability to demonstrate strong experience and success in digital and social media communications and campaigns.
· Knowledge of UK Parliamentary processes beneficial.
· Knowledge of the workings of industry trade associations.
· Knowledge of the workings of Whitehall and the relevant Government departments beneficial.
· Ability to translate complex information into accessible communications.
· Excellent communication skills written & verbal.
· Cross-functional team working.
· Negotiating / “influencing” skills.
· Strategic focus and leadership.
· Team leadership experience
Location – High Wycombe
Salary – competitive
Bonus – 20%
You must be eligible to work in the location advertised.
If you’re interested in applying for this position or you would like to find out more information please contact Doina Grubii @ VMA Group on Mob. 07510368190 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.