A fantastic opportunity for a dynamic and hungry Internal Communications Officer to take their next step up. Working for one of the UKs busiest rail companies you will be joining a new team working on the company’s safety strategy.
You will be working on a high-profile behaviour-change programme targeting the company’s safety culture and performance. The post-holder will report into the Head of Internal Communications and you will work up and deliver the tactical plan for the behaviour change communications strategy.
Job Spec: experience, skills and knowledge
- At least three years’ experience in a communications role preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in producing good quality content for a variety of audiences, channels, and media
- Experience of message formulation and matching tone to message and audience, and effective channel choices
- Demonstrable experience in delivering effective tactical communications in line with a strategy
- Excellent writing and editing skills and an understanding of how to construct a news article
- An understanding of internal communications planning, including audience insight, delivery and evaluation
- Experience of behaviour-change communications highly desirable
- Experience of creative comms solutions (ie outside traditional channels) highly desirable
- Confidence dealing with managers as well as good verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively unsupervised as well as being a strong team player
- Qualified to degree level or have a professional qualification in either journalism or communications, or a demonstrable level of equivalent experience.
- Transport / Rail experience desirable
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.