Our client is looking for a Policy Communications Manager (f/m) to support its business across Europe. We are looking for an experienced Communications Specialist who will thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high number of diverse campaigns. This role requires a high-judgment, self-motivated, and creative communications professional. The Policy Communications Manager will be responsible for rolling out campaigns to support our European policy objectives and be a key team member of the EU issues management team.
This role is preferably based in Brussels.
First of all, significant international media relations experiences are a must, with both international and local business oriented media. Extensive experience in dealing with EU policy campaigns and a strong knowledge of European public affairs is equally important. Working closely with other members of the corporate PR and public policy teams, the successful candidate will devise and implement (media) strategies to protect and enhance the company reputation.
- Developing proactive campaigns in support of European policy goals.
- Develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges.
- Executing of these programs in close collaboration with internal teams, notably in Brussels and other European capitals.
- Develop messaging and speaking points for external communications opportunities.
- Effectively representing the company as a spokesperson.
- Build excellent relationships with the public affairs community.
- Align with the international public relations and public policy teams to ensure company-wide policy communications.
- Create and maintain both reactive and proactive communication materials.
- Higher level education (master degree) and minimum 10 years of highly relevant experiences.
- Commitment and dedication to driving team goals.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment, work hard & smart.
- Able to multitask and prioritize own workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal stakeholder teams and efficiently man-age and solve any challenges that arise.
- Great eye for detail, exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time frames.
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and writing).
The successful candidate (f/m) will benefit from a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.