Our global client, a leader in their field, is looking for an experienced content manager to join their Corporate Communications team to lead on the creation and delivery of engaging communications content across digital and traditional channels, facing both internally and externally.
You’ll join a high-performing central comms team, be responsible for strategy, planning and implementation of all content/campaigns, and will line manage a creative team of two to help you develop and deliver innovative and targeted communications in support of business priorities. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications and working closely with stakeholders across the business, and collaboratively with colleagues in the wider communications and marketing functions, you will:
· Lead on the content creation in support of both internal and external communications needs across the business – from intranet, web, social, events, video/podcasts, leadership comms et al, you’ll be the go-to expert that the business will lean on to help them communicate a wide range of projects, programmes, campaigns and BAU requirements
· Agree and work to clear briefs, designing multi-channel campaigns and ongoing activities that inform, engage and excite your audiences, using innovative approaches to solving problems and managing your own reports and external suppliers to deliver first-class content
· Build and deliver a detailed communications plan and calendar of activity that works to improve engagement, particularly within non-office based populations
· Improve governance and processes to streamline future activity
· Work to further hone and develop the organisation’s tone of voice and seek out opportunities to reflect the employee voice in your communications
· Work with external communications colleagues around corporate reporting, sustainability and reputation issues
· Build and curate a growing library of assets and content
· Provide communications advice and counsel to leadership
· Monitor and continually improve the effectiveness of your activity, bringing in fresh thinking and novel technologies/channels as required
· Support your line reports and offer input to the wider communications team
· Act as subject matter expert and offer communications advice to business stakeholders
We’re looking for an experienced content creator/manager with a background in either corporate communications or marketing… ideally both, and perhaps a stint agency side too. You’ll have worked within large complex organisations with competing commercial priorities, and will be adept at shaping communications campaigns to meet business needs, advising and challenging as needed. A strong relationship builder, you’ll be an effective stakeholder manager and influencer, able to offer clear thinking and effective solutions. You’ll have excellent communications skills (written and in person), have the ability to sense the DNA of an organization and be able to evidence how the content/campaigns you create materially influence levels of understanding and engagement. A self-starter and team player, you’ll be looking to bring your broad experience into an organization that values its people and to further develop your career.
The role is offered with a bonus, good holiday allowance, pension, and on a hybrid model with fantastic offices (near Bristol) where you can work alongside colleagues as well as working largely from home.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.