A great opportunity has arisen at one of London’s great Livery Companies whose history is an integral part of the history of the City of London. The Senior Communications Assistant will work closely with, and report to the Membership Officer and will play a key role in conveying the Company’s philanthropic and educational endeavours by ensuring all communications are timely, accurate and relevant.
The Senior Communications Assistant will provide advice, take action to ensure effective communications at all levels and through excellent communication skills, will drive my client’s ambitious communications strategy to transform its engagement with its membership.
Key activities for this post include but are not limited to:
- Attending to all membership communications and enquiries in a professional, responsive and timely manner.
- Conducting communications coverage for my client’s activities including some committee meetings, church services, dinners, musical and sporting events.
- Provide communications advice and support for my client’s philanthropic and educational activity.
- Supporting planning, execution and recording, where appropriate, of my client’s events.
- Working closely with the IT Manager to develop corporate branding across all areas of Company business.
Key knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Keen attention to detail
- Drive and self-motivation
- Ability to manage time and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage the demands of numerous simultaneous tasks.
- Willing to undertake further training to fulfill the requirements of the role
- Willing to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role and attend all evening and weekend events if and when required.
- Ability to managing budgets and financial control
Required experience for the role:
- Experience of delivering effective communications across the full range of media available.
- A strong track record delivering excellent customer service
- Experience of using databases and managing records
- Practical experience of organising successful events
- Experience of producing effective donor communications
- Empathy with the not-for-profit sector and knowledge of fundraising are desirable
Do get in touch today for more information or apply now if you think you’d be great for this role.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.