As Public Relations Officer, you will run PR operations for one of the UK’s largest charities, working on some of the UK’s biggest and most recognised nation-wide campaigns. The work of the PR team extends year round including delivering creative campaigns to tell the stories of people we help, driving awareness of our political campaigning activity, managing relationships with our high profile supporters, and engaging media at national commemorative events.
- Identify opportunities and set clearly agreed targets and objectives with the PR Manager.
- Identify and source consultancies to help deliver these programmes where appropriate, managing them to ensure that communications objectives are delivered and monitoring costs and performance against agreed targets.
- Identify key opportunities, gaining buy in and support for initiatives and acting as a representative of the Legion. Anticipate risks and challenges, adopting a proactive approach to problem-solving and mitigation.
- Responsible for co-ordination with Regional PRO staff in ensuring that the Communications activity in the field and County offices is consistent with overall strategic Communications objectives.
- Offer support to members and staff regarding PR policies, practices, procedures, programs and actions.
- Provide a critical supporting role to the PR Manager; assisting in the preparation, delivery and reporting of key performance indicators against the Corporate Communications’ five and ten-year strategic plan and the annual operating plan.
- Research, develop and co-ordinate media campaigns on behalf of my client. Write and edit press releases; articles for in-house and external publications, creating speeches and items for the organisation's website and intranet. Answer enquiries from individuals, journalists and other organisations and speaking in public at presentations, press conferences or in media interviews.
- Maintain a solid and growing network of stakeholder relationships among influencers, decision-makers, partner organisations and media assets; presenting a positive, professional and contemporary face of my client.
- Provide professional, ethical and careful logistical and media management of beneficiaries used as media case studies to demonstrate the work of my client and to promote its fundraising efforts.
- Provide event management assistance in support of public relations, fundraising, membership, campaigning and welfare objectives; including guest and volunteer logistics and support, supplier management, securing of venue and programme/scheduling.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with the media, including national newspapers, magazines, radio and television.
- Provide support to PR initiatives involving social media such as Facebook, Twitter and relevant bloggers, incorporating new media platforms in the development, execution, monitoring and evaluation of all PR campaigns where warranted and generating social media and digital content as required.
Candidates must demonstrate experience in developing and delivering PR plans and campaigns, and will have worked with journalists at the national or regional level in securing significant media coverage. Charity sector experience is preferred.
If you possess the above experience and you’re looking for a new challenge, get in touch now!
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.