Willem de Ruijter
almost 2 years ago
You will be responsible for creating and delivering an integrated PR campaign for key influencers, working in partnership with all communications functions and stakeholders, including the country management teams. Key influencers will primarily include the media as well as considering other audiences such as analysts, government, and employees.
This job requires the ability to balance a number of priorities in order to ensure the success of communications within the country and as part of the EMEAR communications team, and to prioritize and focus on the areas where communications can have the biggest impact and demonstrate tangible results in influencing our audience’s perceptions, attitudes and behaviors.
Some of your main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Lead traditional and social media and connections with technology, national and business publications as well as key influencers.
- Manage PR agencies against results, and will ensure the agency becomes a trusted extended part of the team.
- Understand audience perceptions, and translate business goals into communications goals and designing programs that help position the company’s relevance and value, advance its thought leadership and innovation profile.
- Think strategically and creatively around crafting stories and visual concepts that are relevant and engaging to a broad audience across various channels.
- Build executive speaker messaging and platforms that position the company and the speaker as true thought leaders within a fast-evolving and competitive market.
- Work in true collaboration with individuals and teams to extract relevant information from multiple sources and blend into a range of communications.
- Socialize communications plans and platforms with multiple communications functions and key business leaders to advance message consistency and impact.
- Balance the requirements of being an active member of the EMEAR Communications team and helping to drive the team’s joint success whilst driving the success of the country PR programs.
This company is known for its ambition, innovation and bolder approach inside and outside of the company. The PR Manager is a critical part of this success story and plays a key role in influencing a broad set of key audience attitudes and perceptions so our stakeholders recognize the company as an innovative technology leader.
The EMEAR region is made up of 8 theatres covering 121 countries across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia (EMEAR). The role is part of the North Theatre covering Benelux, the Nordic countries, and the Baltics. You will contribute to the theatre as a whole and BeLux in particular, while your main focus will be the Netherlands. The position will be full time based in Amsterdam.
The company’s EMEAR Communications Team is a world-class team of communicators. We connect and engage with media, analysts, and employees. We are in tune with everything that’s happening around us. We build connections and enable relevant conversations that influence measurable opinions and behaviors.
You will work closely with the business leaders of the countries you cover, as well as marketing, communications and other support functions and corporate communications teams to craft and drive outcome-based communications programs and will be accountable for measurable results.
- PR: 5+ years, from strategic planning to execution.
- Working in an international/multinational company, with many stakeholders, including executive level, consulting and partnering.
- PR agency and budget management.
- Working in a tech / IT company.
Desired skills & competencies:
- Understand the company’s story, its products, technologies, Services & solutions.
- You know how to partner with and influence senior management – have a good executive presence, are able to be a trusted advisor.
- You are an outstanding verbal/written communicator (you are able to tell and write stories).
- You have proven experience in building strategic communications plans, translating business needs to communications outcomes (perception changes).
- You demonstrate a creative use of communication.
- You have excellent editorial skills.
- You bring good business insight, including a good sense of employee sentiment.
- You have great teamwork and collaboration skills.
- You are dedicated, self-steering.
- You are a flexible and resilient problem solver with the ability to gain consensus among others and manage sensitive situations.
Solid project management skills, able to meet milestones, tight deadlines, and balance concurrent projects.
Communication asset development.
Influence Metric Development & Implementation.
Critical Thinking Facilitation.
Demonstrate a high degree of poise, professionalism and take the initiative.
You are able to exercise discretion when presented with sensitive information or confidential issues.
You are fluent in English and in Dutch (written & verbal).
If you want to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please only apply if you do meet the requirements, the position really requires the mentioned experience levels. Please also include your salary requirement.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific. VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
To view all VMAGROUP current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.