A pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and markets both bio pharmaceuticals and small molecule drugs is looking for a tri-lingual (for Dutch and English no compromise, French needs to be at good conversational level) Public Policy Manager for their Belux operations.
JOB OBJECTIVES & ACCOUNTABILITY
As part of the External Affairs team, you will:
- Build strategic relations and align mutual priorities with key external stakeholders to co-create public policies that positively impact standard of care for patients.
- Oversee policymaker & patient’s association’s interactions in Belgium & Luxemburg: to develop and execute public policy strategy and tactical plans.
- Develop strategy and concise multi-stakeholder engagement plans to optimize health policy making, funding & access for all products.
- Overcome public policy barriers to ensure optimal policy conditions and reimbursement for current and future products.
- Play an active role within trade associations and other networking forums.
- Act as an ambassador for the company interacting with key strategic patient associations and other patient community platforms in order to increase company awareness and reputation.
- Collect and share insights to support the development of value propositions addressing pol-icy maker, patient association’s and other healthcare stakeholder’s needs.
- Support the brand teams by developing public policy initiatives to deliver on the brand objectives.
- BeLux Management Team
- Brand Teams
- Western Europe & Canada Governmental Affairs
- Public Affairs
- Market Access, Medical, Legal, Regulatory teams
- Policy makers from the Federal & Regional Governments: e.g. Members of the Parliaments and the relevant Cabinet members.
- Patient Associations & Patient Community Platforms.
- Governmental institutions: e.g. RIZIV-INAMI, FAGG-AFMPS, sickness funds.
- Key Opinion Leasers: Physicians, academia, pharmacists, think tanks.
- A keen sense of business acumen, and the ability to connect key business issues to public policy matters (and vice versa) and obtain value for/advance the business interests and reputation of the company.
- Possesses a holistic perspective – understands the complex policy, political and regulatory implications of an entity that operates in highly regulated businesses.
- Ability to build strong and long-lasting relationships with policy makers, patient associations & patient advocacy groups in Belgium and Luxemburg.
- Knowledge of the healthcare landscape, including healthcare initiatives and healthcare funding budget flows.
- Knowledge of the needs and priorities of policy makers, MPs, government officials, payers and patient associations.
- Knowledge of latest sustainable healthcare policymaking initiatives & trends.
- Health-economic principles.
- Trilingual: Dutch and English written and spoken, French at good conversational level
- Strategic thinker
- Strong influencing & networking skills both internally and externally.
- Capacity to interact with a diverse range of stakeholders in order to build trusted relation-ships.
- Good knowledge of the Belgium and Luxemburg Political & Institutional environment.
- Ability to identify and prioritise key issues.
- Ability to connect and translate the business priorities: e.g. to communicate complex, scientific complex, scientific issues to a range of audiences.
- Dynamic, innovative, self-starter, takes initiatives and sees opportunities.
- Team player.
EDUCATION, BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Political Sciences in Law, in Economics, Public Relations, Healthcare.
- 5 years’ experience in the areas of Government Affairs, Market Access, Value Proposition, Public Affairs, Patient Relation’s Management and/or other external related sectors.
- In-depth knowledge of the healthcare system in Belgium & Luxemburg.
- Government Affairs experience, with previous involvement and success in co-creating the development of legislations and policy (regional & federal).
- Experience in delivering patient centric initiatives of advocacy programs within a healthcare setting.
- Policy analysis and legislative experience and ability to draft position papers.
- Proven extensive contact network and ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders enabling to co-create health policies that positively impact standard of care for patients.
- Solid track record in team-building, coalitions-making and executing multi-stakeholder/multi-dimensional initiatives.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.