£35,000 - £38,500
about 2 years ago
An amazing opportunity to support the delivery of a first-class press office service for one of the largest and most influential trade associations in the UK. This is a varied role with amazing scope and as Press Officer you will be involved in all things media, building and maintaining positive media relationships and responding efficiently and effectively to media enquiries. You will also be heavily involved in events, social media and digital communications. Great stakeholder & project management skills are essential.
As Press Officer, you main duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Proactively build and maintain media relationships, identifying news angles and pitching stories continuously striving to increase my client’s media profile. Responding to media enquiries of all types & facilitating spokespeople for comment as appropriate and in accordance with policy.
- Project-manage key issues, developing messaging and activity plans to deliver the appropriate profile for the issue, my client and member companies, with guidance from the Media Manager.
- Identify, produce and edit news, digital communications and other content, ensuring messages and branding are consistent with the broader communications activity.
- Manage the media database and press release distribution; prepare images and graphics to support copy in press releases and on digital platforms.
- You will help develop and uphold a digital and social media strategy. You will play an active part in digital and social activity around regular press releases and ensure all relevant web content is coordinated and effectively communicated through my client’s website homepages and all digital channels.
- To liaise with member companies, internal departments and stakeholders to identify news and communications opportunities to support the delivery of my client’s communications objectives and business plan. You will also ensure relevant media information is disseminated internally.
The role may require out of hours work including media calls and event attendance. There is a duty press office system in place.
Get in touch today if you’re interested!