about 2 years ago
Do you have recent and demonstrable experience in defence or aerospace? Would you like to work for a fast moving and dynamic UK company? This role covers a broad remit with autonomy, responsibility and real scope to influence the company’s brand.
The overall purpose of this role is to provide thought leadership in the development and implementation of a global external communications strategy and activities that support the company’s objectives. This includes raising the company profile and promoting their products and capability across the UK’s national and regional media and specialist titles, both print and online, as well as ensuring they are appropriately represented at industry events.
- Developing and delivering a comprehensive PR plan that ensures regular flow of news aligned to strategic objectives of the business
- Producing media briefing materials to support Corporate and Marketing campaigns
- Researching pro‐active story ideas, case studies and comment pieces
- Drafting and distributing news releases using a combination of traditional and social media channels
- Researching and responding to press enquiries, ensuring that media sign-off protocols are adhered to
- Maintaining and developing new content for specific areas of the corporate website, publishing this on the website in a timely manner, liaising with internal colleagues as necessary
- Identifying ‘new media’ opportunities as part of a proactive corporate communications strategy
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key journalists in national and trade press
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with customer/partner PR teams