City of London
£40,000 - £45,000
over 1 year ago
Our client, a trade association which sits at the heart of the UK economy, and whose members contribute almost £300bn a year, is currently recruiting for a Policy and Public Affairs Manager to join its very busy External Affairs Directorate.
Dealing with complex issues and prominent subjects such as the ‘gig economy’ and employment, the Policy and Public Affairs Manager will play a key role within the Association representing its members with key stakeholders.
- Identify policy development opportunities - research them, sell them into senior colleagues and develop them into the organisation’s manifesto
- Produce robust policy and political analysis for use in both internal and external communication
- Develop and maintain contacts in Governments Departments, especially BEIS and HMT
- Develop strategies to ensure the organisation maintains robust policy positions across various areas
- Identify partnership opportunities with other stakeholders - think tanks, academics and other relevant organisations
- Undertake relevant research and analysis as required and work closely with the Research, Education and Training Team
- Provide written analysis of major set piece events - Budget and Autumn Statement
- Take ownership of key policy areas designated by the Director of Policy and Public Affairs and be able to advise senior management and members as required
- Communicate policy developments and relevant news to stakeholders
- Generate content across various channels - newsletters, social media, magazine and website when required
- Write press releases as required
This role would suit a candidate working in either a relevant government department or in an issues rich, policy and politically charged environment. It would also suit an agency candidate looking to move in-house.
If you would like to find out more, or apply to this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing DM914106.