The Media Relations Officer will be part of the Corporate Communications team, reporting in to the Head of Corporate Affairs.
- Support country teams on their media engagement (press releases, statements, ad hoc enquiries, etc.) and ensure their activities align to the overall corporate narrative.
- Support with corporate media engagement (press releases, asset development, etc.) through monitoring of the press inbox, pitching news to target media etc.
- Prepare evaluation reports of corporate media activities.
- Prepare and manage corporate social media channels.
- Plan and implement agreed PR activity in support of specific business initiatives.
- Support in maintenance and development of the corporate website.
- Advise senior team on media engagement.
- Manage and organise media training across the business.
- Bachelor degree or higher.
- two to six years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Dutch is considered an asset.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work under time pressure.
- Able to multi-task.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
- Keen attention to detail.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.