An ambitious energy tech scale-up playing a critical role in the clean energy transition is looking for a talented Media Relations Manager to join their team. This is an amazing opportunity to join a fast moving, high growth environment where you can really make an impact and develop your own career.
As a Media Relations Manager, you will be developing and delivering on a strategy that amplifies the company's reputation across the globe. Critical to the role will be your ability to identify and nurture relationships with key media contacts, furthering the company’s position as a thought-leader in the renewable energy space.
You will have solid experience in designing and executing highly impactful media campaigns on behalf of a purpose-led company with complex stories to tell. You will thrive at pace, be resilient and turn challenges and obstacles into decisive action.
This is an excellent role for a confident and creative communicator to develop their media relations expertise in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Lead the planning, development, and execution of high-quality media relations campaigns
- Build and manage relations with media, journalists, and other key industry contacts
- Devise informative and interesting press-releases, media pitches, and other related materials
- Manage issues and crisis communications situations and lead on the execution of proactive and reactive media and stakeholder relations programmes
- Coordinate and attend media interviews and events
- Prepare comprehensive briefing materials for media interviewees and brand ambassadors within the firm
- Identify, escalate, and mitigate emerging risks to protect the reputation and interests of the firm
- Educate colleagues on the importance of maintaining effective media relations, organizing specialist training for those who are in regular contact with the media
- Maintain a deep understanding of industry trends and offer appropriate recommendations regarding communications strategies
- Monitor political and policy developments where appropriate
- Experience managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic thinker – able to translate business objectives into integrated media relations strategies
- Highly organised, with excellent project management and planning skills
- Creative and forward-leaning in approach to media relations
- Strong understanding and experience of communicating ESG initiatives
- Able to develop and deliver a multi-channel media relations plan
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within a start-up/scale-up company, preferably within the energy, tech, and financial services sectors
- An interest in climate change and the renewables sector
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.