A government-owned entity responsible for the operation and maintenance of major roads across England is looking for two media relations managers; one based in the Bedford or Guildford area and one in Leeds. Each manager reports into the Senior Media Relations Manager and is part of a regional team. The Media Relations Manager is responsible for building, protecting, and enhancing the organisation’s reputation by providing strategic direction to press officers, liaising with the media, and providing a proactive and reactive media relations service in line with the communications strategy. These are important and exciting roles and would suit professionals who are politically astute and enjoy being part of essential infrastructure.
- Develop and deliver high quality professional communications to the media and stakeholders
- Provide media handling advice, including developing and implementing handling plans to ensure that the most appropriate communication solutions are delivered to the highest possible standards
- Work on high profile and often complex issues
- Respond to media enquiries, brief media representatives and plan and manage media events and activities
- Develop relationships with business colleagues, journalists and colleagues in supply chain organisations, sharing good practice and coordinating activity
- Experience working with the media and with people across a business to support them to engage via the media
- Excellent stakeholder relationship skills
- Experience in producing impactful, creative coverage for a range of media outlets
- Excellent writing skills
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.