£28,000 - £35,000
about 1 year ago
My client is a world leading professional membership organisation that promotes, develops and supports over 150,000 chartered accountants worldwide.
As Media Relations Executive, you will generate proactive coverage in print, broadcast and online media in key strategic markets for my client in turn, supporting their strategic objectives and enhancing their reputation.
You responsibilities would include but will not be limited to:
- Generating coverage in UK national media through placing of stories, provision of comments, distribution of press releases, arranging interviews and drafting of features with individual journalists.
- Providing executive professional skills to support delivery of a number of briefs including skills and qualifications, technical, business and economy, as well as supporting other areas.
- Continuing to develop and maintain a network of strong relationships with key journalists and demonstrate ability to exploit these relationships in order to achieve coverage.
- Serve as an effective, efficient and service orientated contact for journalists at appropriate level, escalating enquiries to the appropriate spokesperson.
- Ability to demonstrate good writing skills for a variety of documents including Daily Bullet, briefing documents, press releases and reports.
- Contribute to the development of media tactics to support Institute strategy as required by the Senior Relations Manager/Head of Corporate Communications.
- Issuing press release and maintaining press lists as well as liaising with the Social Media, Digital and Public Affairs team.
- Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with the business needs and will include working on other areas within the team.
- Have experience of working in a press office or PR agency environment
- Have good writing and proof reading skills with some experience in writing press releases and securing media coverage
- Have an understanding of social media and participation in blogs/communities
- Can demonstrate flexibility in approaching tasks, are able to take on additional projects and consider yourself to be a good team player
Get in touch today!