8 months ago
Exciting new opportunity for a Media Relations Manager to join a global market leading brand in the Diamond Mining industry. This role will report into the Head of Strategic Communications and will sit within the External Communications team. You will be responsible for the managing the delivery and implementation of the Group’s media strategy on a proactive and reactive basis. This is a 12 month FTC role.
Key Skills/Role Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain a solid understanding of the business strategy and performance in order to position the business effectively in the media
- Coordinate media activity across the Group
- Manage all media relations, from press releases to media site visits
- Act a key spokesperson for the Group
- Proactively identify media opportunities across the Group
- Support the Senior Manager with midstream communications
- Support with crisis communications from strategy to implementation
- Work closely with the IR team to support on Financial PR/Communications
- Manage multiple agencies and budgets
- Strong stakeholder management – both internally and externally
- Ability to liaise with and support communication leads in several international territories
- Working with the digital communications team to ensure the maximisation of print, online and broadcast media coverage through digital channels
- Experience in the mining or natural resources industry is desirable in either in-house or agency environments
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.