almost 2 years ago
VMA is looking for a Marketing Manager with excellent knowledge of the Railway industry. This Global Marketing manager position is with a leading services supplier and consultancy and will be instrumental in raising their profile among key business leaders within the rail sector.
- Develop a strategic marketing plan together with the Global and Regional Rail business leaders, in support of our agreed short and long term goals
- Competitor analysis and monitoring
- Establish and manage a Key Account Management strategy and approach
- Review new propositions and advise on appropriate marketing and business development tactics for these
- Build external profile – by identifying and targeting key influencers, press and media relations, winning awards, securing high profile speaking slots and creating impactful thought-leadership programmes
- Develop and implement a cohesive internal communications programme to equip all staff with the messages and confidence to tell and share our story in Rail.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Degree qualified (marketing-specific, or business with marketing, engineering with business – or similar relevant degree such as journalism or strategic communications)
- Ideally CIM Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing qualified and a Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (MCIM) or a Member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) – but not required if appropriate professional experience can be demonstrated
- Proven management experience in marketing within the railway industry
- Good commercial awareness
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- Strong communication, advanced writing and organisational skills
- Effective team-builder with an ability to make connections, build relationships and work collaboratively
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.