Attractive salary package
Willem de Ruijter
over 1 year ago
This is a very exciting opportunity to start leading a young consultancy in the Brussels public affairs market where you will find an existing range of formidable clients, and an ambitious and unique passion for tech and digital-related policy issues that affect companies around the world.
The agency is passionate about the policy issues that arise from how technology is changing our economies and societies and the belief that technological innovation can be a force for good. They cover some of the most exciting policy areas and business sectors, including:
- Online platforms and e-commerce
- The data economy
- Emerging technologies, such as drones and autonomous vehicles
- Artificial intelligence and robotics
- The sharing and on-demand economy
- Cyber security
- Digital taxation
In this role, based in their Brussels office, you will have the overall (P&L) responsibility for the Brussels office, working with clients with a primary focus on EU institutional affairs while participating in the wider growth of the company across Europe. This is a new role, as at present the Brussels office management is taken care of by one of the founders of the company.
Day to day responsibilities will include
- Managing the office and a team of 7-10 consultants
- Leading business development – new clients and existing clients
- Enhancing and safeguarding the highest quality standards; delivering high-quality client services that exceed client expectations
- Supporting the growth and development of our team’s Policy Analysts
- Being the external face of the company’s EU operations
This role will be suited to an ambitious EU public affairs or policy professional ready to take on an agency management role, with a well-developed network in the tech space and with demonstrable knowledge and interest in digital/technology policy briefs. A professional who knows what a good agency service looks like either because they have worked previously in a top agency or because they have worked in-house and bought such services regularly.
We are looking for a team player that is excited by the challenge of working in a fast-growing company; who wants to benefit from the long-term growth of the company; and who is confident in their ability to manage the Brussels office, major client accounts, lead business development and bring the best out of the wider team.
Candidates should possess the following
- 10+ years professional experience; preferably in policy roles, either in-house, or within a public affairs consultancy
- A track record of agency (project)management and/or substantial relevant in-house international tech company experiences; team management skills
- Experience managing stakeholders in business and politics
- Demonstrable knowledge in EU digital/technology related policy briefs and the EU decision making process
- An ability to anticipate client needs and proactively service them with innovative solutions
- Good connections within the EU political and regulatory community
- An eye for business development opportunities and the ability to develop relationships with clients and prospective clients
- A commitment to consistently producing work of the highest quality
- Integrity, honesty and a willingness to work hard
All candidates should be willing to work in a rapidly evolving post-start-up environment and to be able to operate under a strict budget, but with considerable autonomy.
Fluency in English essential and fluency in the German and/or French language preferred.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in Belgium.
Remuneration packages will be competitive and comprise a mix of basic salary and a performance related bonus. Applicants will be able substitute salary with tax deductible benefits if desired. There is a preference to start on a contractor basis.