The purpose of this role is to support internal communications, working as part of the wider team, supporting a specific business area.
This includes the delivery of operational and transformation communications and supporting corporate communications.
This role will work closely with the functional leadership teams, programme transformation teams and potentially the communication teams in the operating companies.
- Support and execute the overall communications strategy and that of the assigned business function, by facilitating communication requirements from the relevant leadership team and transformation programme and working with the head of communications to build the necessary strategies and channels for delivery.
- Develop, write, edit, proof-read and deliver effective content as as-signed, e.g. presentations, policies, documents, strategic narratives, newsletters, intranet and web content, blogs, vlogs and videos, ensuring consistency around brand usage and tone.
- Develop subject matter knowledge of assigned functional area, particularly the key business priorities, challenges and opportunities.
- Update and support a calendar of corporate communications activity and manage day to day alongside local communication plans.
- Act as a communication specialist within the Communications Team, and the wider People and Communications Team, providing expert advice and guidance around best practise communication methods.
- Support programme, project managers and functional areas on change and transformation communications, ensuring necessary confidentiality and credibility are maintained.
- Work with stakeholders and external suppliers as appropriate to ensure timely sign off and delivery to intended audiences on all communications and collateral.
- Conduct regular evaluation and test the effectiveness of messages and channels through different means, including workshops and questionnaires, and suggest changes where necessary and appropriate.
- Various administration tasks, including maintenance of distribution lists for different recipient groups.
- Support any communication events including developing all visual media, organising guest speakers and co-ordinating event logistics.
The ideal candidate has
- 3+ years’ experience in Internal Communications, including Employee Engagement, Employer Branden and Change Communications.
- Exceptional writing and proof-reading skills with an excellent eye for detail, able to customise various content for different audiences, ensuring the right style and tone of voice.
- Strong organisational skills, an excellent ability to prioritise and advanced analytical and observation skills.
- The ability to own the business partnering relationship, challenging where appropriate and necessary, but prepared to accept a different outcome.
- Solid working knowledge of SharePoint, PowerPoint and all Microsoft Office applications.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to establish credibility at all levels of the organisation.
- The ability to operate effectively in an environment of constant change with tight deadlines, finite resource and a great deal of ambiguity.
- The ability to take clear and specific direction but also self-manage and operate independently.
- Near native English written & spoken language skills, Spanish would be a plus.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.