A leading aerospace and defence company is looking for an Internal Communications Partner to join them on a 12-month contract, paying a salary of £48,000 - £52,000 pro rata.
Reporting into the Internal Communications Manager (Acting Head of IC), and sitting in a team of 14 across wider corporate communications, the role holder will have responsibility for managing both business as usual comms and change initiatives, including the Smart Working Programme, a project focused on the future ways of working across the organisation.
The hiring manager is looking for a candidate who has exceptional writing abilities, to manage comms for both light hearted news and business critical updates. They’ll be skilled in tailoring messages for different audiences and developing a tone of voice to suit the business. The business is also looking to enhance its digital capability, so candidates with experience developing and managing channels in the digital space would be desirable.
This role is suited to an established IC Manager-level candidate or an Exec looking to take the next step in their career journey. Although a 12-month contract, the hiring manager has said there is a possibility of it going permanent longer term. The company is located in Cambridge, though there’s only a requirement to work from the Cambridge office once every other week.
- Preparation of written, video and audio content for use on a variety of channels, including intranet, app, cascade briefs, PowerPoint presentations, visual display screens and podcasts.
- Provide valued and creative support to a diverse mix of Business Units.
- Manage senior stakeholders to ensure that business priorities are understood and delivered in line with Internal Communications best practice.
- Actively contribute to the successful delivery of communications events, including in-person and virtual.
- Support the implementation of internal communication strategy and plans to deliver business growth and drive levels of employee engagement across all areas of the organisation.
- Deliver organisational purpose and strategy initiatives to relevant stakeholders.
- Lead on the management of internal campaigns, channels and messages.
- Ensure communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different stake-holders and ensure processes are seamless.
- Manage the internal employee engagement communications activity to support the delivery of Smart Working project across the business.
- Create and deliver effective communications strategy for the projects which will appeal to a broad set of internal stakeholders and set the scene for culture change across business.
- Manage a variety of stakeholders at multiple levels (including engaging Change Agents and Change Sponsors) and deliver targeted messages and content based on insight.
- Support Change Management and project teams, offering advice and guidance on business cases and effective communication delivery.
- Experience within an Internal Communications role.
- Experience and knowledge of copywriting, proof reading and editing.
- Understanding of internal communications digital channels.
- Previous work experience as a communications specialist on change projects.
- Ability to engage with all stakeholders and build relationships.
- Understanding of the nuances of cultural change.
- Ability to work closely with teams across a wide group of operating companies.
- Self-starter, proactive.
- Ability to communicate clearly & concisely.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.