Reporting into the Head of Internal Communications and sitting in a team of nine, the role holder will have responsibility of leading the comms on the Better Workplace Programme, a project which will create brilliant new workspaces for colleagues across the UK. With huge investment into creating workplaces that are fit for a future focused tech business, the requirement for comms and engagement is paramount to the programme’s success.
The hiring manager is looking for a candidate who has experience working in a complex, matrix organisation who can roll their sleeves up and work at both a strategic and tactical level. They’ll need lots of creativity and experience working across digital channels and building strong stakeholder relationships, quickly.
This role has a late-October start and there is a hybrid working approach with two days a week in the London office, where possible.
- Strategic communications advice to the programme team
- Communications strategy & planning - managing the overall communications plan for the ‘Better Workplace Programme’ and coordinating across multiple disciplines to deliver
- Creative communications content planning and delivery to bring a campaign style approach to the internal communication delivery
- Play a leading role driving and supporting the change management agenda for the programme in partnership with the leadership, HR and the programme team
- Support programme implementation through use of innovative communications approaches and techniques to identify, inform, involve, consult and engage multiple stakeholder groups, working with agencies where appropriate
- Responsible for the development, review and cascade of Consumer-wide communications in a controlled manner to manage the change implications of the programme (in partnership with the Consumer IC function)
- Track and measure responsiveness and effectiveness of comms and engagement activities
- Manage updates and engagement of any champions in the business, helping to build a network of advocates and activators when it comes to launching the project
- Develop tools and content for management and leaders across Consumer to ensure they are plugged in to key updates
- Demonstrate a strong ability to challenge and influence at all levels of the business in a positive and respectful way
- Experience developing communication strategies for large scale global and complex change programmes
- Demonstrable understanding of delivering large campaigns, transformation programmes and employee experience activities to large audiences
- A deep and technical subject matter expertise in communications, in particular knowledge and experience of professional social collaboration tools such as Facebook Workplace and MS Teams is essential
- Understanding of change management theory and how this applies to engagement plans
- An understanding of colleague experience / experience management
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.