9 months ago
My client, a media organisation in London, is looking for an internal communications and engagement advisor on an initial eight month contract. This is a great opportunity for someone to work on a high profile change programme and gain invaluable experience in a well-known organisation.
The successful candidate will have outstanding written and oral communication skills and will ideally have experience working in a change environment. They’ll need to be able to manage ambiguity and constant change in order to succeed in the role. They will also ideally have knowledge of design programmes such as InDesign and Photoshop, though this is not essential.
The position will be focused on communicating the benefits of a recent HR and policy change within the organisation. Using various channels including both traditional and digital, the successful candidate will need to have resilience, creativity and an eye for detail as they communicate the benefits of the new policies.
Reporting into the Senior IC Manager with exposure to the central comms team, this role will give someone the platform to communicate in a creative way in an ever-changing organisation.
• Support Senior IC&E Officers and IC&E Business Partners and heads of departments through effective communications strategies and implementation plans
• Research, write, edit and proof copy for a wide range of the internal communication and engagement channels including online platforms and print, newsletters and employee updates ensuring consistency of content, messaging and alignment
• Create and deliver content across the project communications channels
• Keep the employee intranet site up to date with relevant and topical content
• Participate in the general activities of the Internal Communication and engagement team as required
• Ensure that all communications are in line with the brand guidelines
Key skills and experience required:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience communicating change with the ability to cope well in times of ambiguity
• Creativity and an eye for detail
• The ability to take direction and take the lead on projects
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills, (verbal and written), including the ability to present clear and concise professional communications to a range of audiences
• Ability to work effectively in a team yet work independently, using initiative to solve problems when required
• Experience of InDesign or Photoshop is desirable but not essential
Due to the urgency of the role, only candidates who are immediately available or have a short notice period will be considered.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.