A FTSE100 company with a strong emphasis on sustainability and the circular economy is looking for a Senior Media and Campaigns Manager on an initial three-month contract paying a day rate of between £300 - £400 dependent on experience.
Due a sudden departure in the team, the hiring manager (Global Head of Media and Campaigns) is looking to appoint an interim into the team who can get up to speed quickly. The Senior Media Relations Manager will deliver the global media relations strategy and execute high-impact communications campaigns that support the company purpose, narrative and values. This role will help build the brand reputation amongst key target stakeholders, including potential customers.
They will also be responsible for handling media enquiries and escalating where appropriate, as well as providing senior counsel on media handling for interview and briefing opportunities. The successful candidate will also be responsible for creating media-facing materials, including press releases and reactive statements, as well as securing media briefings for business executives and preparing briefing materials.
This is an exciting time to join a growing business as they look to build on their newly formed Corporate Affairs function. This role would suit someone who has experience working in a fast-paced environment, ideally in FMCG or similar, and who has experience managing communications across different geographies as this role covers the European region.
- Build strong relationships with target media, understanding individual journalist agendas to facilitate in-depth story tailoring, with a focus on tier 1 media.
- Undertake proactive story placement, through selling-in news and campaign content, as well as maximizing editorial opportunities.
- Secure briefings with business executives and create briefing materials which demonstrate deep knowledge of target media and journalists.
- Support the delivery of key news moments, such as financial calendar reporting, through proactive media relations.
- Contribute to the creative development of campaigns, from the insights that underpin the campaign strategy to the creative content that brings it to life.
- Work with partners to develop campaign content and materials.
- Craft messaging which aligns the media agenda with the organization’s purpose, positioning, and values.
- Adopt a proactive approach to storytelling about the company in the media, recognizing what is both newsworthy and advances the company’s strategic objectives.
- Develop impactful and media-worthy press materials and content, including press releases and digital content.
- Create opinion editorials for senior executives and craft the copy in an authentic voice.
- Provide support and counsel on issues and crises management, including reactive statement development, Q&A and recommended positions.
- An experienced media operative.
- Strong relationships across tier one media.
- Understanding of print, broadcast and interactive communications channels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with sensitivity to the audience and medium in use.
- Able to distil complex subjects into simplified messages.
- Comfort working at the implementation level.
- Knowledge of integrated campaigning across all audiences, media relations and stakeholder engagement.
- Able to exhibit courage in taking well considered risks in media coverage to deliver additional value to the business.
- Up to date knowledge of emerging practices and trends in communications technologies and advances in social media.
- Project management skills to see a project from creative idea through to implementation and Experience of delivering media relations and executing media campaigns.
- Experience of managing a varied project portfolio with many concurrent activities.
- Experience in advising senior leaders on the appropriate use of media relations that add business value, acting as a trusted advisor.
- Proven track record of collaborative working and building strong relationships, negotiating, and influencing effectively to achieve business goals. appropriate measurement of outcomes.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.