A government funded investment firm is on the lookout for an experienced investment marketing and PR professional on an initial three-month contract.
This role is for someone who has distinct capabilities in private equity or fund management marketing and communications. They will be a proactive individual, operating at the Manager/ Senior Manager level, who is able to help maintain confidence and enhance organisation’s reputations in different geographies.
The hiring manager is looking for a highly motivated and ambitious individual with experience in the investment marketing and communications field. They must be supportive, collaborative and have the ability to generate fresh ideas for how the organisation can communicate better. They will have lots of experience using various marketing tools and will be confident in offering their view and ideas to more senior member of the team and investment professionals across the organisation.
There is a strong focus on inclusive, sustainable and productive ways of investing so above all, a passion for these areas if absolutely key.
This role has an immediate start so please only apply if you can start a new role quickly.
- Lead the PR / media programme for all transactions. This involves working closely with senior investment teams, managing all stakeholders, taking the lead on deal communications and managing the press launch.
- Support the 2021 media campaigns, bringing new and creative ways of reaching out to the media across developing markets. This includes interacting directly with senior ExCo Regional Heads in Africa and South Asia to further promote the organisation’s credentials and the positive impact it has in these areas.
- Bring further value and ideas to our pitchbook, marketing materials and use of digital marketing platforms. The ability to think through and clearly apply messaging for different audiences is key.
- Support investment teams to develop and deliver their marketing activities e.g. brochures (digital and hard copy).
- Work with our investment data and analytics teams to gather statistics and data to shape our corporate communications materials.
- Create and nurture relationships with Asian and African journalists.
Experience and skillset
- Suitable experience supporting marketing and PR plans for a financial or invest-ment institution, e.g. fund manager, (GP, LP) or asset manager.
- Experience of creating high-quality communications materials, including print, digi-tal and online.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills – able to avoid jargon and write concisely and with clarity.
- Agency management experience.
- Degree level education or the ability to demonstrate equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- Collaborative – this role will involve working across the Communications team and with people across our organisation, including senior members of staff.
- Energetic style and can-do attitude.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.