A leading London university is looking for a Campus Communications Manager on a 6-month contract paying a day rate of between £250 - £300, depending on experience.
There’s never been a better time to join the university. With it’s 10-year strategy - Vision 2028 – firmly in place, the institution is embarking on an ambitious ‘Connected Campus’ programme, which will see it reimagine and repurpose it’s campuses so that they’re fit for an ever-changing world. With this Connected Campus transformation group set to play a major part in future of the organisation, the need for an experienced communications professional has never been greater.
The role holder will be a key part of the Connected Campus project team to deliver Phase 1 for September 2021 entry whilst planning for Phase 2 and beyond. This role will function as the communications and engagement specialist and advisor to the project team but also be a key workstream within the communications team, aligning to the strategic corporate communications plan.
The successful candidate will own, develop, maintain, and implement a “living” project Communications and Engagement Strategy for the connected campus portfolio. This includes stakeholder mapping, engagement planning, key messages, timing, desired outcomes and managing the relevant communication channels (aligning to the wider corporate communications and engagement plan). They will use initiative to identify new communications needs and opportunities and develop proposals for consideration within the project.
The hiring manager is looking for a senior level communications expert who has experience across both internal and external comms, who has worked on largescale projects and has the ability to build strong relationships with senior members of an organisation. Experience in the real estate or infrastructure fields would be a huge advantage.
- Develop and implement a strategy for the communication and engagement of the projects key activities and impacts to a broad range of audiences (staff, students, other campus users, other stakeholders and the general public locally, nationally and globally) and link into the wider communications team.
- Design and implement communications in a wide range of digital and physical formats and channels for a diverse audience internally and externally.
- Produce and copyright content required for storytelling and ensuring the content is fully-brand aligned (addressing the key brand-points across the projects).
- Identification of assets required for content development.
- Increase internal and external stakeholder engagement with the work of the project in its delivery of projects and services to the University.
- Work with UX officer and estates on consultation plans.
- Work with the key communication colleagues to ensure alignment with the corporate communications strategy.
- Proven success in a senior communications role, and experience of managing in a large-scale and multifaceted organisation.
- Experience of managing large scale projects and engagement with multiple stakeholders required.
- Ideas and insight led: Analytical skills, including the ability to commission and interpret market and UX research, and the statistical competence to analyse, interpret and communicate findings and recommendations.
- Experience of managing high-level stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in developing and implementing a communications project in a major construction project of a similar magnitude or similar multi-faceted project.
- Strong project management experience or experience in embedding project management methodology.
- Exceptional leadership skills, demonstrating emotional intelligence, resilience, inclusive, thriving on challenges and remaining calm under pressure.
- An excellent and persuasive communicator with the gravitas to be credible to working across the university.
- Commitment to and understanding of equal opportunity issues within a diverse and multicultural environment.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.