A leading London university is looking for an experienced Communications Manager to join them on a six month contract, supporting them on a campus upgrade programme.
The role holder will be a key part of the 'Connected Campus' project team to deliver Phase 1 late-2021 whilst planning for Phase 2 and beyond. The team will comprise of several key stakeholders across the institution, led by a project manager based in the Estates and Facilities team. This role will function as the communications and engagement specialist and advisor to the project team but also be a key workstream within the communications team, aligning to the strategic corporate communications plan. The role will require a management and hands-on approach.
The role holder will own, develop, maintain and implement a “living” project Communications and Engagement Strategy for the connected campus portfolio. This includes stakeholder mapping, engagement planning, key messages, timing, desired outcomes and manage the relevant communication channels (aligning to the wider to corporate communications and engagement plan). They will use initiative to identify new communications needs and opportunities and develop proposals for consideration within the project.
They will contribute to project decision-making around communications messaging and priorities.
- Develop and implement a strategy for the communication and engagement of the projects key activities and impacts to a broad range of audiences (staff, students, other campus users, other stakeholders and the general public locally, nationally and globally) and link into the wider communications team;
- Design and implement communications in a wide range of digital and physical formats and channels for a diverse audience internally and externally;
- Produce and copyright content required for storytelling and ensuring the content is fully-brand aligned (addressing the key brand-points across the projects);
- Identification of assets required for content development;
- Increase internal and external stakeholder engagement with the work of the project in its delivery of projects and services to the University;
- Work with UX officer and estates on consultation plans;
- Work with the key communication colleagues to ensure alignment with the corporate communications strategy.
This is a varied communications role working across public, employee and student comms and engagement. The role has an early-November start and the hiring manager is looking for someone who can commute to the East London office on a weekly basis, likely between one and two times depending on organisation requirements. The successful candidate will need to bring an element of resilience and be a self-starter with experience of working in a project environment. They will ideally have experience of project management and advising stakeholders on internal communications best practice.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.