£350 - £400 per day
4 months ago
A growing public relations agency specialising in technology, innovation and positive disruption is seeking an Account Director on an initial six month contract, paying £350 - £400 p/d (outside IR35).
This agency does things differently. Rather than being distracted by new business and searching for the next big thing, they’ve grown through creating excellent work and receiving strong recommendations on the back of it. Working as an extended part of client’s teams, this agency immerses itself into client briefs and maintains strong relationships enabling them to deliver outstanding results.
The successful candidate will work with clients from start-ups to global businesses, managing communication strategies, PR and engagement plans and protecting reputations through robust crisis management and media plans. Clients vary in shape and size but the majority are purpose-led technology-focused businesses, including fintech businesses and innovation enterprises.
With a flat structure of senior level communications specialists, this is the ideal role for someone who is keen to join a professional, committed yet creative agency who can use their substantial expertise in the communications field to truly advise end clients on communications best practice.
The hiring manager is open to interviewing candidates from either an in-house or agency background (or both), as long as they have lots of energy, the ability to hit the ground running and a drive and passion for communications. This role requires an immediate start so do apply if you can start a new role late-May/ early-June.
• Overseeing day-to-day relationships with client contacts.
• Writing content (op-eds, press releases, case studies, social media content, articles, whitepapers, surveys etc.).
• Maintaining strong relationships with key journalists across a range of publications.
• Managing relationships with external stakeholders, such as industry bodies etc.
• Demonstrating industry knowledge and deep understanding of clients’ needs.
• Developing and overseeing PR strategies for clients alongside other Directors.
• Thinking creatively about ways to go above and beyond for clients.
• Strong national and trade media contacts, ideally in the fintech, personal finance and tech sectors.
• A deep understanding of Tier 1 newsroom dynamics.
• Experience working with a variety of stakeholders.
• Fast-thinking and comfortable working under time pressures.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to distil information into key media messages.
• A strong track record in developing and implementing targeted and creative media relations strategies to reach a wide variety of audiences.
• Excellent project management skills with strong organisational and planning skills.
• Ability to engage credibly and effectively with clients.