up to £70,000
6 months ago
Great opportunity for a Head of Media Relations to join a leading membership organisation in the ESG/Climate Change and Institutional Investor industry. You will be responsible for leading the strategic media relations, advocacy and membership communications and bring with you prior expertise in Institutional Investments and ESG industry.
The role will suit a Media Relations professional with influential media relationships in both the UK and EU, real passion for addressing climate change and strong stakeholder management skills.
Through driving the external profile, understanding and outcomes, you will support the organisation’s vital role in convening and driving investor engagement with companies via the work led by the organisation and through other networks they supports. Your work will drive advocacy and engagement with companies. You will have a key role in driving awareness, understanding and positioning of investor initiatives that are significant in both profile and in terms of affecting real worldwide change.
- Media relations and strategy – develop and deliver compelling and impactful media relations strategy to raise awareness, understanding and profile of the organisations and key global partnerships and initiatives. Own and manage key media relationships across the UK and Europe across print and broadcast.
- Through strategic and integrated communications activities, you will support the organisation’s work focused on shaping the policy landscape including the global investor statement to governments on climate change and their engagement with UK and European policy makers.
- Corporate Programme communications – Deliver strategic counsel to support and shape the organisation’s corporate programme communications strategy. Deepen and strengthen the organisation’s approach to advocacy communications.
- Member and stakeholder communications – Support on CEO communications plan and implementation. Deliver high quality written work and publications for stakeholder and member communications. Amplify and enhance delivery of stakeholder and member communications across multiple channels.
- Proven experience within PR/communications in the UK and the EU, with strong sector background and knowledge of climate change, sustainability, ESG or institutional investment.
- Proven track record in developing and delivering compelling and impactful media strategies.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, delivered with gravitas.
- Extensive issues management.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong professional relationships to work with partners, consultants and external groups.
If you have the experience and are interested in discussing further, please apply ASAP with your current CV.