A fascinating opportunity has arisen with a leading think tank as Head of External Relations & Development. Reporting into the Director of Operations & External Relations your role is the management and co-ordination of all aspects of the organisation’s corporate memberships and sponsorships from recruitment to renewal. You will also be tasked with developing a global corporate membership and fundraising strategy with corporates and governments. You will line manage two others and have various stakeholder relationships across the organisation. You will have demonstrable experience of winning six-figure contracts, including initiation and negotiation and, ideally, you will have this experience in a Government, defence, or tertiary education sector.
Specific responsibilities include:
Corporate Membership & Sponsorship
- Develop and lead delivery of a proactive strategy to attract and retain corporate members and event sponsors
- Deliver an active programme of corporate engagement through events and targeted communications
- Work with the international offices to develop regionally specific corporate engagement strategies and support the delivery of these strategies.
- Ensure delivery of commitments to sponsors during the events
Fundraising and Development
- Design and deliver effective day-to-day fundraising processes
- Work with colleagues to identify and conceptualise fundable research ideas for individual, multi-programme or institution-wide projects
Promotion of business products
- Identify consulting opportunities among existing and potential corporate members and clients
- In consultation with research staff, write pitches, proposals and reports for consulting projects
- Support the Sales Manager to promote the sale of information by identifying potential customers, initiating meetings and forming effective approaches
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven business experience in business development and fundraising
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Collaborative worker with team leadership experience
- Evidence of working in complex environments
- Evidence of winning six-figure contracts, including initiation and negotiation
- International experience
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.