Fantastic opportunity for a Head of External Communications to join a leading business in the Automotive industry.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering the External Comms strategy for the business using a multi channel approach and with an international remit.
- Responsible for developing and delivering the proactive external communications strategy, including Corporate Communications, PR, Media Relations, Financial PR, Public Affairs, CSR & Sustainability and Sponsorship & Events.
- Keep abreast of the industry landscape, providing intelligence and insights on industry, policy, regulatory, political, stakeholder landscapes, agendas, issues and networks.
- Maintain and build the reputation of the business, helping to plan and respond for any crisis/reputational risks.
- Work with and manage external and international agencies.
- Responsible for managing 1 direct report.
- Support on Financial Communications for the group.
- Deliver and develop the business’ corporate narrative, helping to build the brand while creating brand awareness.
- Working with technical experts, you will be responsible for translating complex technical information into easy to understand engaging content/communications.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media.
- Proven experience in External Corporate Communications, working with media and key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of corporate communications best practice, including strong working knowledge of corporate public relations; crisis communications & issues management; and external communications.
- Ability to manage an integrated multi-channel Comms and Marketing strategy.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, experience working at senior levels (C-suite) within a large, global, organisation within a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Excellent communicator with impeccable writing skills and ability to be a strong story teller.
- Prior experience in Financial PR.
- Experience working for a multi-site business is required.
- This is a global role, so international as well as strong UK experience is highly advantageous.
- Prior Automotive experience is mandatory.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam, Belgium and Paris, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.