up to £100,000
11 months ago
Fantastic opportunity for a Head of External Communications to join a leading business in the Automotive industry.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering the External Comms strategy for the business using a multi channel approach and with an international remit.
- Responsible for developing and delivering the proactive external communications strategy, including Corporate Communications, PR, Media Relations, Financial PR, Public Affairs, CSR & Sustainability and Sponsorship & Events.
- Keep abreast of the industry landscape, providing intelligence and insights on industry, policy, regulatory, political, stakeholder landscapes, agendas, issues and networks.
- Maintain and build the reputation of the business, helping to plan and respond for any crisis/reputational risks.
- Work with and manage external and international agencies.
- Responsible for managing 1 direct report.
- Support on Financial Communications for the group.
- Deliver and develop the business’ corporate narrative, helping to build the brand while creating brand awareness.
- Working with technical experts, you will be responsible for translating complex technical information into easy to understand engaging content/communications.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media.
- Proven experience in External Corporate Communications, working with media and key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of corporate communications best practice, including strong working knowledge of corporate public relations; crisis communications & issues management; and external communications.
- Ability to manage an integrated multi-channel Comms and Marketing strategy.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, experience working at senior levels (C-suite) within a large, global, organisation within a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Excellent communicator with impeccable writing skills and ability to be a strong story teller.
- Prior experience in Financial PR.
- Experience working for a multi-site business is required.
- This is a global role, so international as well as strong UK experience is highly advantageous.
- Prior Automotive experience is mandatory.