over 2 years ago
VMA are currently working with a large insurance provider who are currently seeking a Head of Consumer Marketing.
They continue to expand the marketing department to keep pace with the divisions continued success in launching new products. It’s an exciting place to be right now -not only because the ‘at retirement landscape’ continues to evolve, but also because there are lots of exciting things to get involved with in the business for candidates to continue their own personal development.
The role is to lead the marketing for our consumer facing activities across all their product categories. This includes all media channels (inc TV and digital) and this role has a substantial marketing budget to manage.
- Manage the consumer channel campaign team(s) to ensure effective delivery of planned activity
- Develop and drive relevant marketing activities to ensure sales targets are met and plans and forecasts are in place and supported by product and distribution teams
- Work with specialists and external third parties to ensure we develop outstanding creative ideas and solutions that create a point of differentiation
- Act as key counsel and subject matter expert internally and support relevant business development activities
- Ensure appropriate tracking and measurement is in place for all relevant channel activities and where relevant commission primary research to provide relevant insight and measurement
- Ensure all activities undertaken adhere to our relevant policies and procedures, is within our risk ‘appetite’ and is approved according to the appropriate compliance procedures
- Support where relevant our project and change programme
- Recruit, manage, motivate and retain employees where relevant: ensuring they have the appropriate support and guidance they need to deliver on our plans
- Proactively seek out new opportunities for them –working both with internal and external stakeholders to optimise our marketing activity and seek our business development with other parties
- Work within our appropriate risk and compliance framework and demonstrate the key behaviours of a professional, supportive and engaging marketing function
- To take the lead in all matters with regard to the management of employees, ensuring that management discretion is used in a consistent manner and that the area follows the Group’s policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement to maximise business performance.
Formal marketing training is absolutely essential.
Extensive experience of consumer acquisition marketing for financial services is preferred. This includes detailed digital acquisition including programmatic, VOD, PPC, SEO, social etc.
Excellent stakeholder management as well as good leadership and management skills are important as this role includes people management as well as facing off to all our key stakeholders across the business.
Consumer acquisition is a numerical discipline, so excellent analytical skills are also important.
Strong experience of TV and online will be absolutely essential.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.