Competitive basic plus benefits
about 2 months ago
A great opportunity at a leading energy company to transform the way the business communicates with employees including reducing volume and increasing quality of communication. The Intranet Content Manager will lead accountability within Corporate Affairs for intranet content, working closely with the UK and US content managers and with IT to produce a best-in-class employee communications channel.
They will also:
- Create and manage daily intranet content (including Yammer) for Group information and issues. This will include writing for the Chief Executive and other Group Executive directors
- Work closely with the IT intranet team to manage the overall design and communications functionality requirements for the Intranet (including homepage design and content)
- Work with stakeholders in Corporate Affairs across Group, UK, US to source content
- Manage the news process – creating, owning and managing the content planner, scheduling and creating stories about Group issues develop front page content including polls and videos
- Publish news articles, respond to comments on news content and stories and update business unit communicators to include Group content in local communications channels.
- Drive the improvement of digital content development skills throughout the Employee Communications team across Group, UK, US
Knowledge & Experience required:
- Proven track record of writing, editing and delivering high quality digital employee communications within a demanding environment.
- Proven track record of developing and managing the content on company intranet sites
- Strong understanding of the use of digital tools to deliver and measure internal communications and to understand the internal employee environment and sentiment.
- Strong understanding of social media and experienced in using it to add value to an internal communications campaign, responding to issues and creating conversations
- Strong understanding and experience of using video, infographics and Yammer on intranet platforms
- Experience of project management and the ability to take sole responsibility for tasks.
- Experience of working as part of a Group wide communication team, engaging with and working across multi-discipline teams.
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to assist in the development of key business/policy decisions.
- Good level of networking, influencing and negotiation skills, with a range of stakeholders at senior levels internally