£30,000 (pro rata)
about 4 years ago
Events & Awards Manager
Institute of Internal Communication
4 Days a Week, Permanent
£30,000 (pro rata)
The IoIC is the only independent professional body in the UK solely dedicated to internal communication. The IoIC exists to help organisations and people succeed through promoting internal communication of the highest standards providing our accredited members with qualifications, professional development, leadership, events, communities and awards.
The IoIC are now searching for an Events & Awards Manager who will report to the Chief Executive to manage the end-to-end planning, delivery and administration of all IoIC events and awards activities to the highest standard. Managing a varied portfolio to include; conferences, seminars, debates, webinars, regional activities, awards schemes and dinners. Whilst driving commercial revenues, profitability and building good relationships with suppliers, customers and volunteers.
- Manage the preparation and delivery for IoIC flagship events to include Annual Conference, Awards and One Day Conferences.
- Define and manage budgets, negotiating with suppliers, working with the Chief Executive and volunteer network.
- Manage and fulfil all aspects of delegate administration to include registration for events, invoicing and issuing of joining instructions.
- Assist with speaker liaison and manage the fulfilment of sponsor’s agreements in relation to event activities.
- Develop good working relationships with IoIC volunteers engaging them regularly for the planning, administration and delivery all for regional events to include; regional awards, breakfast events, informal hubs, speaker nights and other formats.
- Liaising with the team identify opportunities and contribute ideas to expand and enhance the range of offering and activities.
- Liaise and work with the marketing team to ensure events are effectively promoted across all IoIC channels and communications.
- Handle a variety of enquiries from IoIC members and customers
- Assist in the updating and maintenance of membership data to include; membership records, and event attendance and engagement data.
- To adhere to administration & finance procedures and systems
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Experience managing and leading on all aspects of events from 50-500 attendees
- Experience managing awards / competitions
- Commercially confident, experience with budgets, negotiating with suppliers and sponsors
- Creative and commercial understanding to bring to the design of events strategy/programme
- Experience working for a membership organisation – desirable not essential
- Experience delivering online events or other digital products – desirable not essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, driven, creative and able to work on your own initiative but a strong team player
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Jennifer Sproul, IoIC Chief Executive: email@example.com