9 months ago
Our client is a global leader in financial services. You will be a key member of the central Communications function based in London, which is responsible for all communications and reputation management for at a corporate level and for each of its investment specialists IN London and EMEA.
The communications manager (institutional) will support the head of international communications to:
- Manage the communications strategy in EMEA, focusing on institutional media.
- Create a selling environment via the media for EMEA’s distribution goals by maintaining targeted high-level positive media coverage.
- Build the reputation of in the institutional market via a proactive media relations programme and actively protect the company’s reputation.
- Manage regulatory communications alongside the head of international communications, including Gender Pay Gap, Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR) and Brexit planning.
- Develop a deep understanding of the IM, its distribution business, the investment specialists and key people within them, with a particular emphasis on the institutional market.
- Ensure that communications and PR are embedded as a key component of the distribution business, specifically sales and marketing campaigns in line with key strategy priorities and industry themes through strategic, innovative and creative thinking.
- Proactively manage day-to-day PR activity for:
- IM – Specifically the UK institutional areas (although there may be times when this individual will support on the intermediary/wholesale side).
- International regions – assigned to the individual, although may change to gain further experience with other markets.
- Investment specialists, with a steer to an institutional distribution bias.
- Manage a continual creative PR programme, provide counsel on PR strategy and ensure business continuity in relation to funds/strategies and fund managers
- Support fund managers and key spokespeople in engaging with the online and offline media.
- Develop and maintain strong and positive relationships internally and externally, including key journalists from across the media spectrum within the EMEA region.
- Provide solid counsel regarding the communications strategy, including reputational risk management
- Help ensure the IM communications function provides a value-add service internally and externally, this includes continual PR agency management.
- Help execute an effective internal communications strategy, through various platforms to converse with EMEA staff.
- Provide and produce regular reporting to key stakeholders, including IM distribution and the different investment specialists to increase connectivity and transparency of the IM communications function.
- Help to promote a best in class IM communications function by creating and maintaining operating practices.
- Ensure the EMEA Communications function adheres to regulatory and compliance requirements, supported by the Compliance Director, EMEA.
- Proactive Approach
- Results Driven
- Enhancing Organisational Talent
- Embracing Change
- Client Orientation
- Developing Partnerships.
- Decision Making
- Global Awareness
2. Job Specific Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, combining the ability to build effective networks of relations within the business, with online and offline media and suppliers.
- Strong communicator, who is articulate, dynamic, enthusiastic and a self-starter.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of meeting demands across a multiple of clients or business units.
- Understanding of the need to establish effective objectives and priorities, as well as management of expectations.
- Team player.
- Ability to deliver a high level of service to internal clients and well regarded amongst journalists.
- Fluency in European languages would be beneficial.
- Proven experience in institutional media strategy preferred
3. Technical Skills
- Previous experience in financial services, specifically asset management communications, including public relations is essential.
- Talented PR specialist, who is results driven with the ability to execute an effective communications plan. Requires:
- Knowledge of media within the UK/Europe and ideally some exposure to Middle East and Africa; and
- Existing relationships with institutional/wholesale trade and personal finance journalists is essential in the UK, and ideally internationally.
- Good knowledge of different asset classes, including equities, fixed income and alternatives.
- Excellent communicator with experience in stakeholder relationship management at senior level, both internally and externally.
- Ability to run proactive media relations programmes to generate targeted positive high-level media coverage.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience to actively manage PR agencies in the UK and Europe to ensure value-add.
- Experience in crisis management issues to minimise reputational damage.
- Experience in event management and running proactive campaigns.
- Ability to deliver effective internal communications platforms across a business.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent