International talent with (near) native English language skills is invited to apply. Relocation support will be provided.
As a Director of Leadership & Change Communications, you act as a key contributor towards keeping employees engaged and informed about the company’s strategy and purpose, by enabling the leadership to be great communicators and developing and executing high quality content and communication programs directed towards employee audiences.
You will be part of a small team of senior communicators that supports the Executive Management with their communication needs. This team works in a flexible and agile way to support the business and leaders where they need support most, and hence every day is different; one day you may be working to support a key change project in the business impacting the wider organization, while the next day you could be working on a presentation for the CEO.
Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Sparring with Executive Management and their teams and iterating narratives and company wide communication programs.
- Ability to architect and drive line management programs together with HR to get teams through change.
- Taking complex input from various sources and simplifying it to ensure that it is relevant and compelling to all levels of the organization, or in some cases, specific audiences.
- Ability to produce content in various formats – presentations, long-form stories, short-form stories, video scripts, letters from executives, etc.
- Advising and guiding senior level stakeholders on formats and approaches
- Ability to represent the communication function in complex change projects and coordinate needs with the wider team.
- Measure and change approach based on trends and/or organizational needs.
Experience and background:
- 10+ years’ experience in Internal Communications and Change Communications.
- Previous experience supporting C-level executives in a business communications related role.
- Ability to guide senior level stakeholders with their communication needs and deliver high quality output.
- Hand’s on, can-do attitude; ability to create deliverables with very limited budget.
- Ability to work in a team and leverage the skills of the team and the existing channel landscape to deliver in the best possible way.
- Simple, yet effective approach to communications planning and deliverables – ability to work with multiple stakeholders to reach agreed objectives.
- Affinity to technology and willing to learn and try new communication approaches.
- Must be advanced in power point, writing, and communication planning and execution.
- International experience.
- Sparring partner to executives through multiple iterations of communications on complex topics.
- High energy change agent – ability to adapt and thrive in a department in transformation.
- Passionate about communications and ensuring compelling narratives on strategy
- Flexible with the ability to manage multiple topics and projects simultaneously.
- Takes full ownership and responsibility of deliverables, with the tenacity to see them through.
- Hands-on, can-do attitude; a person who is willing to propose and try something new.
- Collaborative, team player that is willing to compromise.
- Independent contributor who can build strong networks within the team and with other internal stakeholders to achieve results.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.