The company is an international raw materials and ingredients produced with offices and production units around the globe. For their HQ based in Brussels we are looking for a Crisis & Issues Communication Manager.
Job overview and responsibilities:
- Effectively manage crisis and issues communications for the corporate communications team.
- Build relationships with teams across the company, always staying informed of key topics and getting needed input/approvals on communications materials.
- Proactively identify emerging issues and trends relevant to the business and reputation.
- Manage development of issues messaging strategy and content for internal and external audiences, including monitoring traditional and social media, identifying target audiences and creative message development. Work closely with the editorial team and key subject matter experts to achieve results.
- Identify and train key issues spokespeople and manage messaging on issues and crises towards media and other stakeholders.
- Monitor relevant issues externally and keep senior leaders informed of pertinent developments and actions.
Education and experience:
- Degree in communication, public relations, marketing or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in crisis communications, issues and/or reputation management in a similar corporate or agency environment.
- Strategic communicator with sound judgment.
- Creative/innovative thinking and risk-taker.
- High level of agility and ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Results and deadline oriented.
- Agility and flexibility.
- Able to multitask and understand complex (often scientific or regulatory) issues and formulate clear narratives to explain them to lay audiences.
- Proactive approach and able to advance key projects independently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English (other languages, in particular French, would be a plus).
- Some travel required.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.