A leading utility company operating predominantly in the water and waste management sectors is seeking a Corporate Affairs Manager. Reporting into the Senior Corporate Affairs Manager you will have 4 direct reports, a team of 6 and be responsible for activities in the South of England. These include extensive stakeholder management, setting and delivering the corporate affairs strategy for the South of England, reputation management, media relations and acting as spokesperson. You will be contributing to an ever-growing established company that is helping customers reduce their impact on the environment, conserve natural resources and reduce landfill.
- Extensive stakeholder engagement with politicians, regulators, the media to business directors, academics, and householders, you will be responsible for managing many of these relationships
- Devise and implement the corporate affairs strategy for the Southern region
- Telling the story: as a senior member of the communications team, you will be telling the story of how the UK is becoming more resource-efficient, by replacing traditional waste disposal methods, such as landfill, with a host of new technologies
- You will be operating with a high degree of autonomy aligning the communications needs of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels, and integrating public policy, public relations, and internal communications activities
- Reputation management: among both stakeholders and the public
- Spokesperson: for the company and the principle point of contact for media enquires in their region, you will also train and coach suitable spokespeople within the company for media interviews and public speaking engagements
- Provide expert communications advice to high-profile clients – helping them to develop and implement communications strategies around the company’s service offering
- Support internal communications campaigns
- Demonstrable corporate affairs experience with diplomacy skills and political insight
- Ability to build a large and effective network of internal and external contacts
- Prior experience of successfully managing a small team
- Demonstrable track record of communications strategy formation and delivery
- Experienced in media relations
- Preferably have experience in the B2B private sector and environmental services sector, agency or in-house
- Interest in current affairs / policy issues as they relate to the sector
- Calm and level-headed in a crisis
- A leader, strategic thinker
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.