Our client Syngenta Crop Protection is a R&D global leader in agriculture; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of the 15,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of the ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
The employees reflect the diversity of their customers, the markets where they operate, and the communities that they serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join Syngenta and help shape the future of agriculture.
This role is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive communications and engagement program for Syngenta Crop Protection (CP) R&D to support the delivery of business priorities, foster an innovative and inclusive culture, and communicate the exciting story of scientific achievements and contribution to sustainable agriculture.
In particular, it is focused on:
- Partnering with R&D leaders and project teams to shape, implement and measure communications and engagement programs that support key business initiatives and change programs, and strengthen the communication of our innovation milestones and successes.
- Engaging CP R&D colleagues with the CP strategy, ambition and priorities.
- Developing and proactively communicating our innovation story in an engaging way – with a focus on our contribution to sustainable agriculture and plant health.
- Identifying or creating communications and engagement opportunities for Syngenta CP R&D senior executives.
- Support the implementation of CP-wide or Group-wide communications around key topics such as financial results, business strategy etc.
- Developing leader communication.
- Managing Syngenta R&D communication channels, ensuring compelling content and aligning across CP and Syngenta Group channels.
- Developing compelling and engaging content to bring our science, innovation, pipeline and strategy to life.
- Developing and implementing stakeholder events.
- Leveraging employee listening to develop and implement initiatives that foster an innovative and inclusive culture and ways of working.
- Establishing strong working relationships with R&D site communicators to ensure alignment and coordination.
- Leading or supporting communications projects in other Syngenta CP business areas to broaden experience outside of the R&D function.
Experience required for the job:
- 8-10 years communications experience or in a closely related field.
- Significant professional experience with integrated strategic communications, social media and channel management, brand and reputation building, stakeholder engagement, events, issues management, change management.
- Ability to develop and implement communications strategies to address business challenges and to engage diverse stakeholder groups.
- Experience in communications within a science-driven environment and being able to communicate complex scientific issues in an understandable way.
- Ability to build rapport, trust and credibility with leaders, key stakeholders and other communicators.
- Experience within a global business and working within a matrix and in cross-functional / cross-cultural teams.
- Strong team player.
Minimum education and critical knowledge required for the job:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in communications or related discipline.
- Excellent English – other languages are a plus.
- Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills across different media.
- Strong networking skills.
- Partnering, engaging, and influencing skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
If you decide to apply, please do mention preferred location and your salary requirements.
(Note: there may be a holiday delay in processing your application.)
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.